Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Communication


Kathleen continues to throw out words.
This morning she told me that she wanted juice. Coulda knocked me down with a feather.
Then this evening while we were playing our after bath game, I hugged her and told her that I loved her and she repeated it.
Wow!!!

If Kathleen's communication improves, it will make a heck of a difference in her recovery from Autism.
A lot of her Autism signs and symptoms appear to be fading as she gets older.

It has been a long time since I have seen her line up any of her toys. Occasionally she will stack video cases, but that has been a while also.

Her screaming has been reduced to when she can't get you to understand what she wants or you tell her no and she really wanted to do it. But even that is short lived and most of the time, you can distract her by going off to do something else.

I feel that if Kathleen gained speech, very little would be left of her Autistic tendencies and what little was left, could be worked with.

She is currently not only throwing out words sporadically, but also 3 to 4 word sentences.
Unfortunately, these are not coming on a regular basis yet.
I am hoping that this is starting to change.

Wow, is our life going to be different.
Later

No comments: