Thursday, April 3, 2008

Nathan's NAET

Well, Nathan turned my alarm clock off this morning but luckily I seem to be getting used to the change in times again so I woke up anyway.
Blondie came over and looked after the children while I took Nathan to his NAET treatment in Glendive.
Since Nathan started his NAET treatments, I believe we have seen more spontaneous speech and much greater clarity. It is just really slow going. One treatment per week for what seems like forever.

We did a combination spice and caffeine removal today and it turns out that Nathan is extremely allergic to caffeine so he was quite entertaining when the caffeine vial was placed anywhere near him. By entertaining I mean that this normally quiet and sedentary young man somehow came up with the energy to climb up on the table and do a little dance, then he expected me to give him the fireman lift. He was also extremely vocal.

I told Kay about his change in behaviours at the grocery store and we both agreed that maybe going shopping for groceries after his treatments was just not a good idea.

Turns out that I have to bring him back tomorrow to do another treatment to clear the caffeine so Blondie is going to come and she can take the 3 kids to the park while I do the grocery shopping.

In looking around the web, I did come across a website where they said that they had gone through the treatments with their Autistic child and made pretty close to a full recovery.

It would be nice to have Nathan's Autism reduced to the point where only a really discerning eye could pick it up.
Then I wouldn't have to spend the next 10 yrs teaching him to say, "Welcome to MacDonalds, can I take your order please?"
Later

No comments: