Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Nathan's New Personality

Along with the good parts of Nathan doing better with his Autism, I guess I will have to learn to take the bad.

After yesterdays little stunt, I figured that he would give my heart a little time to recover, but, this morning he was up early to turn off the alarm and quietly shut my door.

Mighty thoughtful of him one might say, but, I woke up at 8am which is the pick up time for the children and had to go out and explain myself again and then run around like a chicken without it's head on trying to get them all ready to go by 830.

Of course, the boys were not in a real co operative mood. John got dressed for me as I asked him but Nathan had to be chased around the house and cornered. Not a pleasant task.

John did a fair bit of yelling when he learned that he was getting ready for school but at least I didn't have to carry him to the car. God forbid that ever happens, Nathan is getting to be a chunky wee fellow like his mum.

When Nathan got home from school, he took himself a well deserved nap and even with giving him the Melatonin, he is still wandering around and it is currently after 1130pm.

Hopefully when he actually gets to sleep, it will mean that he will sleep all night and not wake up early to turn off the alarm.

I am thinking about putting a hook in the ceiling above my bed and suspending the alarm clock from it so that in the event he makes a play for it, I should be able to feel him place the chair or object that he intends to climb on to obtain the clock on the bed.

Well it's worth a crack.
Later

No comments: