Friday, April 4, 2008

Nathan's NAET


Well this morning we headed off to Glendive to do Nathan's NAET treatment for his Autism. It was his 17th or 18th treatment and I was pretty excited as the DVD's I watched on the NAET casestudies showed the five children started to talk after their 15th treatment.

While we were waiting for Kay to see us, Nathan and I were discussing stuff and I was tickling his tummy.
The day before we had gone through all the christmas words I could think of e.g. christmas eve, christmas tree, christmas presents etc.

Since October something had been bothering me and I was about to have a revelation. I just didn't know it at the time.
Nathan would stand at the windows and look out and say something that sounded like "critisize".
It bothered me that he would keep repeating this negative sounding word over and over.
It came out a lot when it snowed and I just couldn't see how or where he would have picked it up and why he would have retained it.

While I was sitting there tickling his stomach, he turned to me and said as clearly as I talk, "Christmas time".
Then he added "Christmas Day".

There was my revelation!

He associated snow with christmas time, he wasn't saying critisize, that is what it sounded like when he said christmas time.

It brought tears to my eyes. The NAET seems to be taking forever to complete but if I ever needed confirmation that it was working, well there it was.

When Kay and Shirl came out, I told them and I was just so happy and grateful that my little boy is showing signs of getting his speech back.

The NAET had started improving the clarity of his speech but I was just so impressed with Christmas time. You could not have been able to tell that he was impaired if you just heard him say it.

Awesome, I fully recommend this treatment to anyone whose child has Autism.
Later.

No comments: