Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How is this for intelligence.

This post too was deleted.
I at times have a lot of trouble getting what I believe is a fair deal for my disabled children.
I already have disabled children, why does it have to be made so hard.
I just want someone in the school system to understand that their job is important.
It is important to the welfare of my children.
It is important that they move forward if they are to survive in this world as they get older.
I am grateful to the people that take their job seriously and know that for every 2 minutes that they keep the boys focussed and on track, could mean a heck of a difference in the way they cope with things to come.
I understand the urge to go out and discuss the boys idiosyncrasies with other people. Some of their behaviours are a littl unusual.
But, remember as you are doing this,
these are children, they are someone's children.
And just like you would like your children to be treated with respect and taught and cared for by people who are employed to look after them, I expect the same for mine.
And, I will not settle for less.
I will fight for my children.
I am all they have and if I am unprepared to do it, who will.
When I was in nursing training in NZ a very wise nurse said to me. "I treat every patient as if they were a member of my family, and I think to myself, would I like to see my child or my grandmother treated like that".
Mighty fine words and I tried to work by them.
It should be the same for teaching.
You are molding young minds.
I am sorry that every now and again I have to be unpleasant, it really is not in my nature to be nasty but, no one is going to mess with my children.
Thank you for every two minutes that you give them.
Donna

1 comment:

D'na Rahat said...

Donna -

I still say the gallows idea is the best by far!! :)

Wouldn't take us any time at all to get it built!

Poor Nath doesn't deserve that - nor does any other child.

Stay strong!!