Friday, February 1, 2008

Step Forward In Time

It is now 8 years later.
Wow, does time fly. So much has happened. Good and not so good.
I smile. Would I really have changed my life?
Isn't it better to have lived life, really lived it, than to stand on the sidelines and say at the end, was that it?
I am now blessed with six children and I no longer have my husband.
It was a good trade.
But then, with all the ugliness fear and hate he brought into my life, if he hadn't come into it, I wouldn't have my children.
Nathan is 8yrs old, John is 7, Rachel is 6, Kathleen is 4, Kathleen also has Autism with mutism, Sarah is 3 and Eric is 13mths.
Time flies.
Next week they will be grown up and going off to college.
Someone who I once considered a friend once made the statement " She is in denial about her children having Autism"
How can you deny something that jumps up and slaps you in the face each time you look at it.
No, I am not in denial, I am just hopeful, real hopeful.

No comments: