Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday

Today is usually NAET day however, Sarah and Eric were sick and I had to take them to the clinic instead so I had to cancel.
Last night I had given Sarah Motrin prior to her going to sleep but, at 1230 she was awake again, wanting water but feeling feverish.
I motrined her again and gave her water and she nodded off again but awoke at 330am complaining and asking for more water.
This time she was so hot that I could hold my hand half a foot away from her and feel the heat.
She was very angry too which is a clear indication that her fever has bypassed the 105 section.
I gave her tylenol and more water and applied an icepack to her back and her stomach. She wasn't tolerating much else.
She lay down again and a few minutes later Rachel sat up and said that Sarah had punched her in the eye.
I asked Sarah why she would have done that and she replied that Rachel's hair was tickling her face.
Knowing how irritated Sarah gets when she is ill, I moved and pacified Rachel.
For a while there, I considered calling round to see who could come in and stay with the children while I took Sarah to the ER but, I was unsure who I would be able to wake up at that time of night.
She also had expiratory wheezes and this made me a little uneasy too.
After about half an hour I noticed that she wasn't so hot and after an hour she was sleeping peacefully and her breathing had pretty much returned to normal so I could relax.
Finally it was time to sleep.
They both have an infection and have been started on antibiotics so hopefully, this too shall pass.
Today she has only had one temp and motrin and an icepack put that down within half an hour. I called Blondie as a precaution and she came straight over which is a nice safety blanket and she has offered to come and stay with the kids at night should I need her.
Eric, apart from a runny nose and a cough has been pretty asymptomatic.
So he should get through this without any problems.
Hopefully no one else comes down with it.
Later

No comments: