Monday, February 25, 2008

Three O'Clock In The Morning

Sounds like a country song doesn't it.
John is currently singing the national anthem.
Luckily it is not loud.
While he is making himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
He sat bolt upright at 1am and asked me if it was morning yet. When I replied no, he needed to go back to sleep it was still the middle of the night, he found himself unwilling or unable to go back to sleep.
After 3 stories and many back rubs, he is still up and judging by the occasional laugh coming from the loungeroom, it will be that way for a while.
Wouldn't be so bad but young Kathleen didn't go to sleep until 1230am and I was just enjoying the little bit of peace and tranquility when he did.
Then, resigned that I am not going to get to bed this night, I went to make my 6th cup of coffee only to discover that I have only enough left to make one more cup so I decided to leave that until closer to morning and go with the decaf.
Then, luckily I was in the loungeroom with him when he turned on cartoon network to see a man being impaled multiple times with flying scalpels, so, I changed the channel quickly and told him that it was over and put it on a documentary.
I set him up with books and apart from the fact that he is reading them out loud, I hope that he will remain content for a while.
I doubt that he will be going to school in the morning as by then he will probably be tired so there is no point sending him.
Hopefully if he nods off by morning, I will be able to let him sleep till 12 then put him to bed at 10 tomorrow night and we should pretty much be back on schedule by Wednesday.
Since I put the boys on the Melatonin, nights like this have been few and far between thank goodness.
When they were smaller, the boys used to take turns staying up. It was almost planned, infrequently was the times when they would both be asleep so we would have to take turns staying up too.
Got into the habit of making do with one or two hours here and there but these past two weeks between the kids being sick and such, it is starting to rear it's ugly head.
Pity, I was getting kinda used to my bed.
Oh well.
Later

No comments: