Saturday, February 16, 2008

Today I heard a giggle

Any time in my house you hear a giggle and you can't see a child, it is usually a good idea to check it out.
The rest of the kids were in the bedroom playing school and I could hear their games without problems but this one lonely little giggle came out of nowhere.
So, off I went to find it.
Didn't have far to go.
Nathan was by himself as usual and was in the loungeroom.
He had found Rachel's barbie rollerskates which are at least 2 sizes too small for him and was attempting to put them on.
He had one foot partly in and was attempting to get the other one on while standing there off balance.
He kept losing his balance and almost falling and at those times he would giggle but, he kept trying as I stood there watching him and he was unaware that he was being observed.
He just kept trying and he didn't get mad or frustrated, he giggled at himself.

We can stand to learn a lot from a kid like that.
Donna

No comments: