Friday, March 7, 2008

Found Him

I was talking to my friend last night when the brilliance struck.
I had checked the back patio last night and the room was freezing.
It was later that it struck me.
Why was that room so cold?
Because of Nathan's autism, he has a compulsion to have things just so.
I don't fully understand why he has to have some of the things the way he does but that is the way he insists on doing it.
We both give a little and can coexist quite happily.
At times, he has had to have all the lights on in the house and would go from room to room and turn them on.
This created huge problems when we first moved up here and the power would go out during wild and wooly storms.
The lights would go out and all hell would break loose.
I would end up going outside and driving my car up over the verge and onto the grass in front of the house and turning my lights on high beam, opening the curtains in the loungeroom thereby providing the required light.
No mean feat I can tell you.
Nowadays, we don't have so many outages so I haven't had to do that for a while.
We also worked through the compulsive symptom of autism by turning one light off.
And keep it off for a week or two.
Then another, then another and basically wean him off.
Now he is content just to leave the lights on that we need.
He also shuts my calendar at the moment.
I got it from the bank and it is full of bears.
The other one I have is a USA one and he leaves that one alone, but, the bear one has to be closed everytime he finds it open.
Getting back to the patio. Last summer he had to open all the windows in the patio which of course open onto the back yard.
So, I thought, maybe the cat had followed him out and then jumped out the window.
Sure as eggs as eggs.
I opened the back door and their was my popsicle or should I say catsicle.
Waiting patiently to be rescued.
I thought he would learn his lesson but, this morning when the kids went out the front door out he went again.
At least I know he is not locked up somewhere in the house now.
Later

No comments: