Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Waited Anxiously For The Weekend

I have to work on Niall's schedule as they are something like 14 hrs ahead of us. So for him the weekend is actually Friday and Saturday for us.
I really wanted to try Nathan with the webcam again and see if it made any more improvement with his speech.

It took a while for the internet to connect and I think he got bored waiting. He started typing letters on the keyboard while he waited.
When we finally connected with my brother, he was more interested in typing although he did say hello and pulled a few funny faces at him.

It was a bit of an anticlimax as Nathan had got up in the morning and connected the webcam to the computer himself having climbed up on the counter and got into my cupboard to obtain it, so I presumed that he was keen to talk to him too.

I will say however that Nathan does continue to spit out words on a regular basis and his following of directions has improved.
He will on occasion still practice words that he has heard us say.

This morning he put his rollerblades on and has been moving around the house with them on for the past 3-4 hrs.
His balance has improved significantly and he has only fallen once.

Kathleen is spending most of today out in the backyard. She spent some time chasing the dogs around and Honey is very tolerant of her as she climbs on the dog's back.

I put John on Vit B and fish oil in the mornings. I am hoping that it will help with his concentration and also help him to settle. I did notice that today he has not been flapping in front of the television.
I have also been limiting the amounts of cartoon time that they get, preferring to have the history channel or something similar on.
I think that will help too. It is mainly for background noise.
I did try the cooking channel for three days but it started to make me incredibly hungry!
Later

No comments: