Thursday, March 6, 2008

I have lost my cat

Kathleen and the cat have had a disagreement.
She thinks that he should lay there and let her torment him with a piece of string or a stuffed toy.
He on the other hand does not agree with this philosophy and as a result, they have had a falling out.
This leads to a conundrum on my part as now, she has a tendency when she finds him resting in a room, to shut the door on him and lock him in.
Last Friday, he was in the girls bedroom all night and as that room is not used anymore, I did not realize this until the following morning when he initiated an agonized howling.
I arrived too late to find that the cat had already used one of the beds as a commode and consequently, as it is difficult at best to remove the odour of cat urine off a mattress, it is sitting outside awaiting removal.
The front of my house currently looks like one of those houses that you really don't want to live next to.
It would be nice if I could explain to her why I don't want her locking him in places, but because of her autism, she is just not getting it.
Now, of course, it is nearly midnight and I cannot find the darned cat.
He could be anywhere.
Every now and again I hear what sounds like a meow but when I move to that section of the house, the noise is gone.
All I can do I guess is hope he holds his water.
Later

No comments: